This summer we will be offering private and semi-private swim lessons.
We have 3 different offerings this summer:
– 6 week session that meets once a week (Monday – Thursday)
– 4 week Saturday session that meets each Saturday for 4 weeks (2 sessions offered)
– 4 week Sunday session that meets each Sunday for 4 weeks (2 sessions offered)
Lessons that meet on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, or Thursdays will run on a 6 week session with 1 lesson per week. Friday’s are reserved for inclement weather make-ups. We also have reserved the last week of our summer season (August 9-13) for make ups if needed. For these lessons, which meet during the week, will be scheduled between the hours of 4:00 PM and 6:00 PM, running every 30 mins. **Parents MUST pick up their child from camp and stay with their child(ren) during their lesson. Summer at LA is not responsible for campers past 4:30 PM Monday – Friday.**
The 2 four-week sessions will meet on Saturday or Sundays. Saturday and Sunday lessons will be scheduled between the hours of 8:00 AM and 11:00 AM, running every 30 mins. **A parent must be present during the entire lesson.**
Please note: During registration you will be able to select which session and day of the week you would like. Summer at LA will assign the time slot.
Weekday Session Dates (6 weeks):
Mondays: June 28, July 5, 12, 19, 26, August 2
Tuesdays: June 29, July 6, 13, 20, 27, August 3
Wednesdays: June 30, July 7, 14, 21, 28, August 4
Thursdays: July 1, 8, 15, 22, 29, August 5
Saturday & Sunday Dates (4 weeks each session):
Session 1: June 26, July 3, 10, 17
Session 2: July 24, 31, August 7, 14
Session 1: June 20, 27, July 11, 18 (No Class on July 4)
Session 2: July 25, August 1, 8, 15
Swim Lesson Fees:
Private Swim Lessons: (1 camper : 1 instructor)
$270 per swimmer, per 6 week session
$180 per swimmer, per 4 week weekend session
Semi-Private Swim Lessons: (2 or 3 campers : 1 instructor)
$210 per swimmer, per 6 week session
$140 per swimmer, per 4 week weekend session
**IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT SEMI-PRIVATE LESSONS: Semi-Private lessons are for up to 3 campers of similar swim level and 1 swim instructor. With Covid-19 protocols, Summer at LA will not be able to group campers. Families wishing to have Semi-Private lessons will need to create their own pair or group of 3 and inform us of the group at the time of sign up on the registration form. At the first lesson, the swim instructor will make sure that the campers in the semi-private lesson are of similar swim levels appropriate for lessons together. Our swim team reserves the right to make the decision that the grouping is not of similar swim level and need to be private lessons.
All registrations must be paid in full at the time of registration.
COVID-19 Registration Policies
In these uncertain times, we understand that additional policies are necessary to provide our families with transparency and flexibility. As such, the following policies will be put into place for Summer 2021 with respect to COVID-19:
- Any programming cancelled by Summer at LA before the start of Session 1 Swim Lessons (June 20, 2021) and due to COVID-19 restrictions will result in a full refund of a monies paid (including deposits), minus a $25 processing fee.
- For any child who is diagnosed with COVID-19 or must quarantine as a result of close contact with a person diagnosed with COVID-19, we will provide prorated refunds (excepting a $25 processing fee). Proper documentation and positive tests confirming the diagnosis or close contact will be required for this refund.
- Please note that close contact is defined by the CDC as someone who was “within 6 feet of an infected person for at least 15 minutes starting from 2 days before illness onset (or, for asymptomatic individuals, 2 day prior to positive specimen collection) until the time the individual is isolated.
- Due to COVID regulations, we are unable to offer make-up classes as we have in the past. If Summer at LA needs to cancel due to weather, we will arrange a make-up lesson.
Refund Policy for lessons:
Any monies (less a $25 processing fee) paid toward the balance of the program are refundable 14 days prior to the start of a Swim Session, provided that the camp office has been notified in writing of the withdrawal.
Less than 14 days prior to the start of a Swim Session, all program fees are non-refundable.
Any absences, withdrawals, or dismissals from any program at Lawrence Academy will not be refunded. The only exception to this policy is if your child becomes sick and we receive a written and signed letter from a doctor that states that the child is unable to participate as well as a written and signed statement from the parent/guardian requesting a refund.
Swim lesson fee’s are as follows. All lessons must be fully paid for at the time of signing up to be scheduled. Lesson cost is non-refundable when canceled less than 14 days prior to the start date. Lesson cost is refundable, minus a $25 service charge, when canceled greater than 14 days prior to the lesson start date.
COVID-19 Swim Lesson Policies & Procedures:
- All parents must self-screen themselves and students prior to each lesson. (Self-Screen questions will be emailed to participants after registration)
- Parents and children MUST wear masks when on Lawrence Academy property. This includes:
- Outside the pool fence
- On the pool deck
- Anytime outside of your personal vehicle
- Inside all buildings
- Child’s mask should be removed just prior to entering the pool water. Please hang mask with towel on hooks provided.
- Prior to the starting lesson, children must hand sanitize. Children must hand sanitize after the lesson is over as they leave the pool deck.
- Low contact is recommended between instructor and student. Students will not wear face coverings during the lesson. The instructor will not be wearing a face mask, but may elect to wear a face shield while teaching in the water.
- Equipment can be used from Summer at LA, except for goggles. Students must bring their own goggles (no face masks or goggles covering the nose please.)
- Parents and students should arrive no more than 5 mins before their scheduled lesson time and must immediately leave the pool deck once their lesson is over. We ask that students arrive in their swimsuit to keep the locker rooms open for those who have finished their lesson and are changing to leave.
- A parent must remain on campus in the pool area (outside the fence) during the entire swim lesson.
- For lessons run on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, or Thursdays, parents must pick up their child at camp and stay with them during the lesson. Summer at LA is not responsible for campers past 4:30 PM.
- Parents are not permitted on the pool deck/within the fenced area. Parents are welcome to watch the lesson from outside the fenced area.
- Parents are not permitted INSIDE Lawrence Academy buildings. Please keep this in mind if your child will need assistance changing out of wet bathing-suits.
- We ask that only 1 parent attends the lesson and no extra spectators attend with you. Please ask your instructor if pictures or video are able to be taken and welcomed to be shared with family.